Rawatbhata Panchayat was promoted to Rawatbhata Municipality on 31st December 1997, and Thatkalin Sarpanch Mr. Rishilal Chabra was first Chairman of the Municipality. In November 1999, first election was done for Rawatbhata Municipality. Total Rawatbhata Municipal area is divided into 25 nos. of Wards.
Rawatbhata Municipal is a local self government which has come into being under the Rajasthan Municipalities Act, 1959. It carries out all the obligatory functions and discretionary functions entrusted by the Rajasthan Municipality Act, 1959 with the mission to make Rawatbhata a dynamic, vibrant, beautiful, self-reliant and sustainable city with all basic amenities, to provide a better quality of life, Dedication to achieve excellence in providing civic amenities, Responsive, Modern, Simple, Accountable and Transparent Administration.
Rawatbhata Municipality perceives its role as the principal facilitator and provider of services as detailed below to provide a better quality of life :
- Potable water supply
- Underground sewage system in the whole city
- All weather roads
- Efficient and sustainable solid waste management
- Health coverage to all, focused more on the poor
- Primary education to the needy & Library facility to all
- Upgradation of the amenities in the existing slums and alternative accommodation
- Clean, green and pollution free environment
- Places of healthy entertainment and recreation
- Fire Service
- Efficient Urban Planning and Development